Please Note – this workshop may need to be conducted online via zoom if Covid lockdown is reinstated
This 1-day introductory workshop is open to both health professionals & the general public & teaches TRE as a self-care technique for ongoing personal use.
CERTIFICATION TRAINING PREREQUISITES – This 1 day workshop counts as a prerequisite workshop to apply for the 2021 professional certification training program with details available here. You are able to attend either a 1-day workshop such as this one or a 3 week online course as the prerequisite workshop for the certification training.
TIME: 9.00am – 3.30pm (Registration open from 8.30am)
LOCATION: Crows Nest Centre, Ernest Place, Crows Nest, NSW, 2065
PRESENTER: Physiotherapist & TRE Certification Trainer Richmond Heath
WHO THIS WORKSHOP IS SUITABLE FOR:
- This workshop is suitable for beginners & is open to anyone wanting to learn TRE for their ongoing personal use. People who have already learnt TRE are also welcome to attend with re-attending discounts available
- During the workshop, TRE will be taught as a self-regulated technique for people without any major medical or mental health concerns.
- If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please complete this pre-screening form before registering for the workshop.
- Early-bird registration – $295 – before Friday March 5th
- Full price registration – $345 – up to & available at the workshop
- Concessions – a 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code.
- Re-attending discounts – a 66% discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longerTRE workshop (or 3 week guided online course) by selecting the re-attending ticket.
- Cancellation Fees – an administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN (6 contact hrs):
- destigmatising & reframing shakes & tremors as a positive recovery resource
- the role of neurogenic movement in reducing stress, physical tension & chronic pain
- how traditional cultures have used neurogenic movements for health, healing & spirituality
- morning TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors lying on the floor)
- the 3 states of the nervous system & how tremors help reconnect us with our body
- the role of fascial unwinding in restoring natural movement patterns
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (with additional positions &/or lead in exercises)
- neural plasticity & how to get the most out of TRE through ongoing use
Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group. An overview of the Certification Training program will be presented during the last 1/2 hr of lunch for those who are interested. For an introduction to the trauma-informed theory behind TRE, watch this 5 minute presentation on The Neurobiology of Resilience & TRE
WHAT TO BRING:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 1/2 hour.
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be comfortable on the floor or longer
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short break at morning & afternoon tea time but no food or drinks provided
- BYO lunch or walk or drive to local shops and cafes
Contact Richmond on Ph. 0409 357 964 for more information about this workshop.