Date & Time:
9.30am – 4.00pm (Registration open from 9.00am) Thursday 8th June
Darwin Travelodge Resort (Bulbul Room) 64 Cavenagh St, Darwin City, NT, 0800
Physiotherapist Richmond Heath
What You Will Learn (6 contact hrs):
- how stress & trauma become trapped in the body unless they are physically released
- how ‘neurogenic’ tremors release stress & trauma outside the level of our cognitive control
- how to invoke your body’s natural neurogenic recovery reflex in a safe & controlled way
- morning practical session – Quickstart TRE (invoking neurogenic tremors lying on the floor)
- the neurobiology of resilience & how to train it over time
- why embracing vicarious trauma is critical to maintaining Frontline empathy & energy levels
- how to integrate body-based recovery into your personal & professional life
- afternoon practical session – Quickstart TRE (with additional positions to maximise the effects)
Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group on the day
Who This Workshop Is Suitable For:
This 1-day training is specifically tailored for Frontline Workers (both professional & volunteer) from all sectors (such as health, social services, emergency services, corrections & military personnel) but is also open to the general public.
If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please complete this pre-screening form before registering for this training.
During this training you will learn the body-based self-care technique TRE for your ongoing personal use. Attendance at this 1-day training also qualifies as a prerequisite to apply for the next Australian TRE Certification Training beginning on September 9th, 2023.
- Early-bird registration before Friday 2nd June – $235
- Re-attending early-bird before Friday 2nd June- $85 – a 2/3 discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longer TRE workshop (or 3 week course) lead by Richmond Heath
- Full price registration after Friday 2nd June – $285
- Re-attending registration after Friday 2nd June – $95 – a 2/3 discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longer TRE workshop (or 3 week course) lead by Richmond Heath
- Concessions – a 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code area of the cart
- Cancellation Fees – an administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
What To Bring:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 3/4 of an hour
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be completely comfortable & relaxed lying on your back on the floor
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short break at morning & afternoon tea time but no food or drinks provided
- BYO lunch or walk to local shops and cafes
For more information contact the workshop presenter via email here or by texting 0409 357 964