Who This Workshop Is Suitable For:
This 1-day Introduction to TRE is suitable both for people new to TRE as well as those already experienced in the technique looking to reinforce or deepen their personal practice.
If you have any major medical or mental health conditions, have a history of complex or severe trauma, are pregnant or have any concerns about your suitability to learn TRE in a group environment, please complete this pre-screening form before registering for this 1-Day Introduction or the 1 Day Retreat.
People learning TRE for the first time at this workshop are welcome to also register for the 1-Day Retreat on the follow day (Sunday 23rd July) with a $25 discount available by using the coupon code ‘introplus‘ when registering for the 1-Day Retreat
People re-attending this 1-Day Introduction are also welcome to register at a reduced rate for the 1-Day Retreat on the following day (Sunday 23rd July) allowing you to attend both days for the same price as attending the 1-Day Retreat as a stand-alone workshop.
This workshop teaches participants TRE for self-care use only & does NOT provide a qualification to teach TRE to others. Attendance qualifies as a prerequisite to apply for the next Australian TRE Certification Training beginning on September 9th, 2023.
Date & Time:
9.30am – 4.30pm (Registration open from 9.00am) Saturday 22nd July 2023
St Catherine’s College, (Conference Room) The University of Western Australia, 2 Park Road, Nedlands, WA 6009
Physiotherapist & TRE Certification Trainer Richmond Heath
What You Will Learn (6 contact hrs):
- reframing shakes & tremors as a positive recovery resource
- the role of neurogenic movement in reducing stress & releasing tension & pain
- how traditional cultures have used neurogenic movements for health, healing & spirituality
- morning TRE session – Quickstart TRE (invoking tremors lying on the floor)
- the 3 states of the nervous system & how tremors help reconnect us with our body
- the role of fascial unwinding in restoring natural movement patterns
- neural plasticity & how to get the most out of your ongoing TRE practice
- Q & A relative to existing personal practice of TRE
- afternoon TRE session – Quickstart TRE (with additional positions &/or lead in exercises)
- individual facilitations & assistance with your tremors
(An overview of the Certification Training program will be presented during the last 1/2 of the lunch for those who are interested in the professional training.)
Please note – the workshop syllabus will be adjusted according to the needs of the group.
- Early-bird registration before Friday 7th July – $235
- Full price registration after Friday 7th July – $285
- Re-attending early-bird registration before Friday 7th July – $85 – a 2/3 discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longer TRE workshop (or 3 week course) lead by Richmond Heath by selecting the re-attending ticket.
- Re-attending registration after Friday 7th July – $95 – a 2/3 discount is available to people who have previously attended a 1 day or longer TRE workshop (or 3 week course) lead by Richmond Heath by selecting the re-attending ticket.
- Concessions – a 10% discount is available to holders of Government accredited concession cards by entering the word concession in the coupon code area of the cart
- Cancellation Fees – an administration fee of $50 applies to cancellations prior to the day of the workshop. Non-attendance or cancellations on the day of the workshop will incur a fee of 50% of the ticket price.
What To Bring:
- wear loose comfortable clothing to perform simple exercises in
- a thick yoga mat, air mattress or thick blankets to comfortably lie on a hard floor for up to 3/4 of an hour
- pillows or cushions or anything else you require to be completely comfortable & relaxed lying on your back on the floor
- a light blanket for rest times
- notepad and pens if you want to take notes
- any snacks you require – there will be a short break at morning & afternoon tea time but no food or drinks provided
- BYO lunch or walk to local shops and cafes
For more information contact the workshop presenter via email here or by texting 0409 357 964